Friday, February 1, 2008

Expert Needed

The Harris County District Judges are trying to avoid answering my Rule 12 open-records request.

I need an expert on Microsoft Exchange Server. Specifically, I need someone to tell me (a) how difficult it would be to restore the server contents as of a specific date and search for emails from 22 individual mailboxes; (b) whether the judges' objection to doing so is reasonable; and (c) if the objection is reasonable, how I might make the request to make production less onerous.

If you know of someone familiar with this system, please have him or her drop me a line.

Thanks.

4 comments:

Kevin Whited said...

Could you post whatever you find out from the techies?

I think that would be pretty useful information to quite a few people inclined to make open-records requests.

Mark Bennett said...

Kevin,

I shall.

William Ockham said...

I'm not sure I'd call myself an expert on Exchange Server, but I know something about it (and can get in touch with some real experts, if necessary). That letter sounds more like whining than real objections. There are much easier ways to meet your requests than the procedures they described.

Send me an email at:
razoroftruth at gmail dot com

Jeremy L said...

I am an MIS Security Manager and support Exchange in my environment and would be more than happy to give you the scenarios of how email can and cannot be restored depending on how backups are done on the exchange server.

jlawrence at giveblood dot org